Sediment and Erosion Control

The New Hanover County Engineering Department reviews all sediment and erosion control plans within the unincorporated county and the City of Wilmington. A list of fees can be viewed in the sidebar on the right hand side of this page. Additional information can be found in the links below:

Note: New Hanover County does not control or regulate sediment and erosion control within the Town of Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, or Wrightsville Beach, or along North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) roadways.

For any sediment and erosion control or land disturbance questions, please contact Beth Wetherill by email at, or by phone at 910-798-7432.

Coast Development Portal »

Plan Review Fee
Land Disturbance Fee for Residential
$300 per acre
Land Disturbance Fee for Commercial
$300 per acre
Land Disturbance for Other Projects
$300 per acre
Engineering: 230 Government Center Dr, Suite 160 • Wilmington, NC 28403 • Phone 910-798-7139 • Fax 910-798-7051
Skip to content